Sunday 31 January 2016

Huberine Matilda Lise Review



Hubertine Matilda Lise
75% Egyptian cotton 25% merino wool / 320 GSM
1 year and 24 pounds

I received a size 6 Matilda Lise tester and noted with surprise how small the wrap folds up for being 320 GSM and the size. I was immediately taken with the color combination of soft moody blue and slightly pinkish nude. I had no expectations for what wrap I would receive to test and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved the color combination and the delicate brush strokes.


My first feel proved the wrap not to be fluffy and fuzzy as I was expecting from the merino wool content, but thin and very dense with a crispy texture. Both sides of the wrap felt the same to me. Pulling diagonally I felt an amazing amount of stretch. I anticipated there would be some stickiness with the texture when wrapping and that the stretch would be a delight as I am a lover of stretch.


Back to the design, the brush stroke pattern manages to be both delicate and bold, as the brush strokes look soft, but the layout of the pattern dominates the wrap. The Lise colorway will appeal to those looking for modern and unexpected color combinations. If you have an artsy, boho, or earth mama vibe I can see Matilda Lisa appealing to those sensibilities. Hubertine also incorporates thoughtful details, such as their logo woven into the tail end of the wrap as well as middle markers that are discreet and placed so there is no feel of right or wrong side.




I tried both single and multi pass carries with Matilda Lise. With the high amount of texture I found pulling passes tight where the wrap moved against itself required some skill and patience, especially in double hammock, but with a little extra work passes did still manage to glide and tighten surprisingly well. The stretch here has great recoil and bounce back, no sagging at all. After putting this wrap thru a few different carries and wearing for a couple of hours at a time I will confidently describe it as thin and very dense with high texture and grip, and amazing stretch and cush. Matilda Lise wraps similarly to Pavo texture series with nice elasticity and support and very mouldable like the wraps in that series. Also reminds me of Pavo Otomí Fuchsia for the surprising amount of support and the cushy feeling with a thin wrap and both are also very textured. On my shoulders even in a simple ruck there was so much comfort and cush, truly impressive for 320 GSM and especially for how thin in hand the wrap feels.


Matilda Lise confounded me a bit. The merino isn't fluffy or fuzzy at all, and while there is a great amount of texture, with some attention and a little extra work the wrap still glides surprisingly well, plus there is so much cush! Definitely a pleasure to wrap with and wear. This is a special wrap that is thin in hand and not bulky, but delivers an amazing amount of support. I think Matilda Lise would most shine in a shorty and would recommend it to those who want a shorty that is toddlerworthy, but not bulky. This wrap is suitable for newborn to toddler and will appeal to those who like thin and dense wraps, stretch, texture and grip. You may want to pass if none of those qualities appeal to you, or if you are looking for easy care or super soft. Really though Matilda is a unique wrap in that it is thin in hand, but also very cushy and if you have the chance to try wrapping with it I highly recommend you do.


Thank you Hubertine for allowing me the wonderful opportunity of testing such a beautiful and unique wrap.

For more information on Hubertine please visit their Facebook page here. As well there is a chatter group on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment